Covid-19 (Updated 25th May)
The situation regarding COVID-19 is changing rapidly at present which may have implications for some folk planning to attend CCC over the coming weeks.
The latest Scottish Government advice is as follows: “as of 13 March anyone developing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, however mild should self-isolate for 7 days.”
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature
If symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days then people should be advised to phone their GP or NHS24 (111).
Further information can be found on the Health Protection Scotland website here
Information on what self-isolating means can be found here
As church we would wish to respect this expert advice and protect vulnerable members of our congregation.
We understand that this may raise questions for you and Alison Macleod is happy to do her best to try to answer these on a confidential individual basis if necessary.
Please also heed the important advice about regular handwashing (with soap and water for at least 20 seconds) to prevent the spread of infection.
Some initial practical responses for us at CCC:
- We have postponed all Sunday services. The morning service is currently being livestreamed and the service will be found on this page https://culduthelchristiancentre.org/live-stream
- You can still support the work of CCC, albeit we are not meeting in person. There are other ways of giving to CCC, and these can be found here
- If you have to self-isolate please would you let your Home Group leaders know.
- If you have to self-isolate or avoid public worship and are not in a Home Group please let our pastoral team so that we can offer support, care and keep in touch.
- If you are anxious, want prayer or support on any issues relating to COVID-19 or other, please get in touch with Janet Logue and she will coordinate responses to any needs as best we can.
Safe to say technology is on our side and we have a range of options for continuing our learning and worship.
Our Wednesday Lunchtime Over 50s Lunch club has been cancelled until further notice.
The 3C’s Coffee Shop is closed until further notice.
Our Prayer Meeting on a Wednesday evening is now being delivered online.
We will update this page with any further changes.
Please do follow the evolving advice from both of our governments and keep up to date. Stay safe.